WORK WITH US
Job advertisement – Head of Marketing
An opportunity exists for an experienced marketing professional to join Canberra Convention Bureau and be part of a friendly and dynamic team responsible for promoting Canberra as a leading business events destination.
In your role as Head of Marketing, you will be responsible for managing all marketing, advertising, sponsorship, events, and membership relationships for Canberra Convention Bureau. This is a key leadership role in the business reporting directly to the CEO.
The role involves positioning Canberra as a leading destination for domestic and international business events. This will be done through overseeing the delivery of all marketing, communications and event activity, as well as engagement and retention activities with Bureau members.
You will be an excellent communicator, able to manage competing priorities and a small team of marketing specialists, proactive in building and maintaining strong relationships with members and industry stakeholders and work well as part of a small and dynamic team responsible for showcasing Canberra as a leading business events destination.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience:
- At least 5 years of experience in a marketing and/or communications role
- Ability to lead and motivate a small team including setting targets and mentoring staff
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to build and nurture stakeholder relationships for mutually beneficial outcomes
- Demonstrated understanding of event management and delivery
- Strong experience using multiple social media and digital marketing platforms
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects to deadlines
- Ability to manage external suppliers and marketing budgets
- Demonstrated time management skills
- An understanding of business events and the role they play in contributing to tourism outcomes for ACT and region will be highly regarded
- An understanding of not-for-profit associations
- Must be eligible to work full-time in Australia
At Canberra Convention Bureau, we offer:
- Supportive leadership team
- Competitive remuneration package
- Deakin-based office with free parking
- Flexible working arrangements
- Opportunity to work with Canberra tourism industry stakeholders
This is a full-time role. Bureau hours are 8:30 am - 5:30 pm Monday to Friday. Some additional hours may be required outside of business hours on an occasional basis.
If interested in applying for this position, please provide a one-page cover letter along with your resume and send to email@example.com.
To discuss requirements or details for the position, contact Michael Matthews, via email.
Do you want to work at Canberra Convention Bureau?
Get in touch with us to discuss career opportunities.